Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
How much longer do y’all see the current gen 86/BRZ be sold? All of these special editions being just parts bin nonsense.. I don’t see it stirring up any added interest at all.
Until they release a "Final Edition".

I do get the gist of your whining LOL but here is another perspective. The twins were designed purposefully leaving some performance on the table , opening the door to many aftermarket vendors.
Although not on the power end of things, Toyota and Subaru have launched so many different special/upgraded models on this vehicle that they too in fact have contributed to the customization factor. Think about it, with the relative numbers produced, many/most special edition owners don't spot the same vehicle locally. So, you have factory OEM quality cosmetic modifications packaged with upgraded HVAC etc. I think it's a great and unique way to offer a vehicle and more effort/trouble for the manufacturers yet they do it for a reasonable cost. You don't like? How about BRZ TS + JRSC + oil cooler= Done!
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 05-01-2019 at 05:55 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-01-2019)