View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #423
Ichima

Drives: 13' Lightning Red Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichima View Post
Got a call this morning on my car. From what they were instructed from SOA was to confirm for aftermarket parts. The confirmed my exhaust and that I do have a lightweight crank pulley. They also stated that if initial repairs were done at their facility, they would never had even had a problem with the repairs because this wouldn't cause an obstruction to them working on the vehicle. Now the bad news is that, the initial work was not done there and all they can tell SOA is that there are aftermarket parts. They also stated that this should not be an issue though with the overall recall which I very much appreciated.
Sounds weird but didn't get much of an explanation. Second dealership was able to get a master tech from Subaru of New England to take a look at my car. He did notify me that when he took a closer look into the vehicle, noticed that it there was a knock in the passenger head. He told me this is due to the cams and was not part of the recall. He also said that he would extend my warranty in this case as a one time deal with me due to the TSB with our cams and repair the vehicle at no charge. So the outcome, my car is being fixed at no charge. Overall, I would love to know why exactly my cams went bad though.
Ichima is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ichima For This Useful Post:
ka-t_240 (03-22-2019), why? (03-23-2019)