Old 10-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #35
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,415 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSMOQ View Post
I like the look of them. The red fuel rails on this car looks pretty cool http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111575. I think tucking all the wires and cleaning up the hoses would look even better.

As far as adding the gauge in the rail, is it really going to be useful? It's adding another location for a possible fuel leak. You can't see it when you're driving. For testing you'll probably be using a real gauge anyway?

Speaking of fuel, what's the plan for a fuel system?
Seeing as my car is blue and I am doing my best to change everything to blue (red stitching is the only thing red left). Blue or Black would be preferred. I do plan on trying to do a semi-wire tuck to make it look as clean as possible.

Fuel Pressure Gauge in the Rail was more for piece of mind and monitoring while it is on the dyno. I imagine I will upgrade the fuel system down the line. I am waiting to see what radium is about to release for the Twins as well as Visconti. So I will use it set the regulator.

I have a DW300C Pump already installed. I'll be running the same sort of set-up as @wutsaiu and merge the two factory fuel lines down to one line to feed the engine. Plan is the move the merge down further out of sight and run a -6 AN Hose up to the Fuel rail.

I am also pricing out what running a -6 AN line straight from the tank to the engine would cost. Though I would only really want stainless braided line under the car just in case.

Brain Storming:
Russells Push on EFI -6 AN Adapter on Fuel Pump Assembly -> -6 AN Stainless Line -> Russells -6 AN Fuel Filter -> -6 AN Stainless Line -> Hose Adapter at the back of engine bay switch from Braided Stainless to Braided Nylon -> Russell Push On EFI -6 AN adapter on fuel rail.

Last edited by DustinS; 10-28-2016 at 11:25 AM.
DustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DustinS For This Useful Post:
wutsaiu (10-28-2016)