Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I still haven't tracked it yet, I've only done some autocrosses. I got the wing because I was losing traction in the rear on streets. I have some decent roads around my house, so that's where I actually make use of the car. Before the wing, I was losing traction at the peaks of hills and rolling over bumps. I was doing burnouts at like 60mph, not even accelerating. Shit would get sketchy when the traction would catch again. So I got the wing and all that nonsense went away.

As for tracks, my nearest track is NOLA, and it's flat, smooth, and high speed. I did about 5 track days out there on my R6, and you spend a lot of time over 100 on that thing. Of course an FR-S wouldn't be as fast as an R6, but still. That track is fast. So the wing would probably actually have some effect out there.

Once I start going out there, after I've gotten my lap times consistent, I'll take the wing off and see if there's any difference. My car understeers like crazy, so I could see it actually having some benefit. But... the car is so slow, the drag from the wing might cancel out the time saved in corners.

As for acid dipping, I'm aware that people do that, but I would think that would be a huge amount of work and probably be expensive.
Out of curiosity, why the wing over a diffuser? The diffusor has been shown to lower drag while lowering rear lift.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckrider For This Useful Post:
frsvr4 (09-25-2015)