View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 01:23 PM   #19
Merc

Drives: Subaru brz 2013 LS1 swap
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Only thing left for mine is the ac and spitsnaugle just did it for less then a grand. There are several people who have documented the cost closely including wutsaiu and come in around 10k. Yes you can spend more but if you are smart do a little research on this very forum it can be done for about 10k. I am not a rich guy and have a family so I was very cognizant with regards to cost. I did not add up an exact dollar amount but I had to borrow 5k to get the engine trans etc. After that I kept a budget of 5k more max. I did not exceed that budget my proof of that is the fact that my wife and I share a bank account and I am still alive. In all seriousness i understand your skepticism and others who have not done it yet but it can be done for about 10k. I have not included any sell back items like old engine etc either. I do tell the original poster however it is not practical in my opinion unless you are able to do all the work yourself. I only outsourced the drive shaft and did all other work including wiring. I think that is the one that scares a lot of people and makes them go expensive computer and or wiring loom. I do not mean for this to sound confrontational in any way just want to let people know it is possible for about 10k. Would I have spent more if I could of, absolutely and most will but not because they had too.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote