View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #10
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
For track events I'll use a 0w30 or 5w30 synthetic (either Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge). For everything else, 0w20 synthetic.

I've got a Wilwood BBK and am using Wilwood BP20 pads, but when I was on stock brakes I liked Carbotech XP10's or 12's.

I change diff and tranny oil once a year using Motul Gear 300. No need for you to worry about that now though - you should be fine on stock fluids. Maybe think about changing those out after ~6 track days, depending how hard you drive.

I'm generally happy with the Perrin oil cooler. Fitment and quality were all great and it was simple to install (I'm not a mechanic and had never done an oil cooler before). As I mentioned earlier though, even NA it runs a bit hotter than I want, but the smaller core size is a good compromise for a car that will see some street use. I also like that it's center mounted so my front license plate doubles as a block-off plate on the street.
So you must change oil/before after every track day? or do you change every few(2-3)?

I see this jackerson radiator/oilcooler combo. I wonder how well that works.
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/jack...l#.WcCFytFrwUE
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote