Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie84 View Post
I'm wondering how reliable this SC is on the track. I was leaning towards JRSC since many owners of that kit seem to have no issues on track days regarding reliability and overheating. However, since Yen is down and I have to purchase from overseas regardless of my choice on a SC kit (which means additional shipping costs for everything I buy ), HKS V2 SC seems very attractive not only because it's cheaper than most other kits but also HKS is known for their top notch quality.

So if any owners of HKS V2 SC track your cars, please enlighten me on how it performs!

Also, I am aware that this kit uses restriction plate. My goal is to be at around 260~270whp with header + OP + FP + catback. Will the restriction plate be modified or can I make somewhere close to my power goals with unmodified restriction plate?

Thanks in advance!
There's a 38mm plate and a 42mm plate. If you are going to tune your vehicle, you can bore out the 38mm one to 42. I probably wouldn't remove the plate completely, from what I understand the plate is there so you dont completely lose all your low end torque. I have the 42MM plate and pretty much everything you described with a V1 setup with the V2 intercooler upgrade. The only thing I dont have is the front pipe (using stock w/ resonator & cat). I am expecting somewhere around 245 WHP after tune. That translates to around 300 at the crank.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Rookie84 (06-02-2015)