View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #72
Jason@DSG

Drives: 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys!

I wrote this in my sales thread on here but figured this may help clear up some issues as to what each part does.

Source for info -- I worked at SSP for 2 years

High Stall Torque Converter:

Allows you to get a higher RPM launch by holding the brake (it's set to 3,100rpm limit) so in general this is great for a launch but even better on forced induction applications. Higher revs = higher boost

that brings me to the next item;

Transmission Cooler:

The more power and higher launch, the higher the internal temps. This badboy from SSP does an amazing job of keeping the temps down. Having a cooler will definitely extend the life of the transmission also.

Valve Body Stage 1:

This is the main hub for the transmission. All the solenoids and valves are located here so for the Stage 1 upgrade, SSP has modified it to have 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears engage very aggressively. There's no "slip" engagement or smooth engagement, it grabs the next gear right away. Gears 4-6 remain as stock engagement.

This means red-line gear changes get right into the next gear, it's a HUGE difference and is very much like a DCT (twin-clutch) transmission. The gear changes are this hard no matter the RPM, so even cruising you get immediate engagement into the next gear.

Valve Body Stage II:

The stage II adds in the aggressive engagement for all gears (includes 4-6 also). So every gear will be instant engagement. This could be a little rough for daily driving but I'm someone that likes precision and no slop, even daily driving so this would be my choice along with the cooler

I hope this sums it up, if you need any further info please let me know. I'm always here to help in any way I can!

Cheers,
Jason
Jason@DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jason@DSG For This Useful Post:
8686 (05-06-2014), BRZPDX (05-07-2014), chiefshayan (05-06-2014), finch1750 (05-06-2014), HaloFRS (10-13-2016), JonAvalon (05-06-2014), Knickstape (05-07-2014), Lonewolf (05-06-2014), Sportsguy83 (05-06-2014)