Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #38
ProjectD

Drives: '04 350Z/ 2013 LR BRZ (LM)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody602 View Post
I'll let you know for sure, it'd be nice if there a vendor that can craft up some sort of mount for the nexus 7 in the fr-s in great location and that has a nice look to it. I thought about making my own, but I've never fiberglassed before so idk aha, and the only reason I'd use it is gps/gauges, no plans on making it play audio of any sort or anything, just for gauges and gps lol
Wait, wait, wait....i know this is a Dumb Q, but can you actually have the Nexus 7 connected to BOTH the bluetooth sensor (Torque app) AND have the HU (via Bluetooth) simultaneously playing MP3s? I currently am using a Flash Drive (32g) for my tunes and i was actually planning on getting either the Prime (like spartan65) or the 7, with a different mount and use it to store Music/ Games (when bored in traffic)/ Some Navigation/ and Mainly to use Torque app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody602 View Post
I looked into the android HU's but until they come out with one with a lot better hardware and the capability of running JellyBean, I'm not sure if they interest me all that much. JellyBean is one of androids most stable OS's so I'd like it. The android units also seem to have a fair amount of drawbacks, i.e. lag, bugs, glitches.

On a side note, how well does the torque app run on the supported OS? Is it possible to have music in the background while in the torque app?

I was thinking the same thing lol

My question was targeted towards using Blutooth with the stock head unit + using the OBD sensor (also connected via bluetooth) and work simultaneously.
ProjectD is offline   Reply With Quote