Thread: Another V8 Swap
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #1064
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,415 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Not much of an update, but vibrations in the car have been getting worst. I have one starting at 45mph now, and the one at 2500 RPM is getting really bad. Still waiting for some good enough weather to get room made in the garage to get the engine/transmission out. Plan is to replace the oil pump, radiator, and possibly the clutch kit. If it looks alright, I'll have the current one balanced. Have the transmission gone through and checked to make sure the vibration isn't coming from the trans, as well as try and figure out the leak.

Wife bought me a 3d Printer for Christmas so I have been playing with that. Designed some 1 7/8" mockup parts to design my own header. Need to print a crap ton of them so I have enough to mock up the headers haha. Hopefully finish those up before spring time.

Had to change the design from what the rendering shows to what the blue parts are. Made the locating marks larger and easier to see. I also made the snap system a little easier to remove as I broke the original two trying to take them apart. Have those 4, printing another 8 currently. Should be done by the time I get off work.

I plan on making some fiberglass molds to make a better intake box and some covers for the grill. In the future I want to see if I can design some flares and print it in pieces to use as a mold.

Got the renderings of a new set of LS3 ITBs my old boss is making as well. Not sure it will fit under the hood, but we will just have to see.