View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #108
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yeah there really is no such thing as the 'perfect sports car' for everyone, extremely subjective. I guarantee you my old 73 911s would NOT please everyone (my wife called it 'the lawnmower'). But I absolutely loved it, despite being 'relatively' slow, having a vague shifter, unsophisticated suspension, etc. It's sort of why I like my FR-S, it's a more visceral car (especially when modified) despite its shortcomings. No doubt a modern Cayman is a better engineered car from top to bottom - better suspension, better interior, better motor sound (6 cylinder anyway), more power. It's a great car for the person who wants to buy and drive, and has the money to pay when it breaks or gets damaged. The FR-S is better suited for people who want to make the car 'their own', a tweaker's car. Despite the less sophisticated suspension design, with a minor investment in suspension & motor (RCE Tarmac 2's, camber adjustment, alignment, headers) it's a hugely fun car to drive. Also to note, there's the 'beater' factor. Not that the FR-S/BRZ is a beater in any way, but I definitely feel less sad when someone inevitably puts a dent in my car (vs. driving something really expensive). I also feel less guilty daily driving it every day & am more apt to push the limit at track events. YMMV - this is a really subjective....subject
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
brzaapi (01-11-2017), Overdrive (01-11-2017), Tcoat (01-11-2017)