View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
Oahu86

Drives: Toyota 86 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TRD-X,

Thank you very much. Extremely useful.

I believe that the illustration of the instrument cluster face (CTH22AW154) that you have helpfully provided above is from page 161 of the Toyota 86 owners manual: http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docum...f/OM18069U.pdf

The manual also provides the text "...the following illustration displays all indicators and warning lights illuminated..." on the same page as this illustration (p. 161).

I thought that this would provide all the information needed to order my custom instrument cluster overlay.

Unfortunately, the same manual provides a slightly different instrument cluster face illustration (CTHPIAW174) on page 426. The illustration on page 426 of this same manual has one additional indicator light above the right hand signal indicator. This "additional" indicator light looks like an "exclamation point inside a lighted light bulb". There is no other reference to the meaning of this "exclamation point inside a lighted light bulb" in the manual which further deepens the mystery.

Here is an enlarged photo of a 2017 Toyota 86 cluster face showing the same "additional" indicator light that looks like an "exclamation point inside a lighted light bulb" as indicated on page 426 of the manual.

This additional indicator light seems to be an "exterior light fault" indicator light (#23 below) assuming that it does actually exist on the 2017 Toyota 86 instrument cluster face:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...79_964x757.jpg

Could this additional indicator light be the result of options such as fog lights?

I have not taken possession of my ordered car yet, and will not do so for several months. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me clear up this mystery by telling me if this additional indicator light "exclamation point inside a lighted light bulb" actually exists on the 2017 Toyota 86 instrument cluster face (as on page 426 of the manual) or if this is an error in the manual itself.

I need to confirm this before ordering a custom instrument cluster overlay and I have not taken possession of my car yet so that I cannot do the same myself at this time.

Any help to solve this little mystery will be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Oahu 86

Last edited by Oahu86; 03-29-2017 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Edited to add graphics
Oahu86 is offline   Reply With Quote