Old 02-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #421
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by semis View Post
Cheers for the complete info!
Did you find it still shift gear at the same rpm every gear as with stock FD, Or the ECU shifts based on speed (higher rpm)?
just want to make sure if there's a need for ECU adjustment after the installment
I have not touched the ECU in any way. For me this one important detail put my mind at ease and made me feel comfortable to do this while the car was still under warranty.

Think about this FD mod for a moment. Here is a mod that is relatively inexpensive, virtually impossible to detect, requires no adjustment to your ECU, not even to your speedometer. It doesn't mess with emissions tests as its not a tune or exhaust related mod ie you still have both cats.

Depending on the ratio you select you improve acceleration by .5 to a full second. It almost seems too good to be true right? I can understand people looking under every rock to find a catch.

The one and only catch (do your research) is I recall there being a need to also replace your LSD as it becomes no-longer compatible if you go much higher in ratio's than 4.5/4.6 or so. Some of the others who have, can chime in on this one. That said, with the 4.556 Cusco I went with, I had no such issues.

Must admit I'm enjoying the mild sleeper feel to the car now. Stock wheels / suspension probably helps that image along.

Talking to your other point. the ECU appears to still shift at the same points, but as each gear is faster it feels like it shifts earlier than prior. Hope that made sense.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
Bimble Bamble (04-11-2017), Mr.Impreza (02-15-2016)