Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Does the relay alone disable the usual DRL's, or was that another step?
The switchback lights act as running lights in white when the running/headlights are on, and they will blink in amber when your four ways or turn signals are activated. They only work when the proper 7440 socket is present, as is the case on the front turn signals on the FR-S.

The electronic flasher relay is installed in the place of a thermal type to prevent the hyperflash caused by using LEDs in the place of incandescent lamps. It is a cleaner and simpler fix than installing 2 big honking load resistors in circuit with the lights.

OP-You could have done a cleaner install of the relay simply by removing then replacing, but no biggie.

wparsons- We probably live near each other, and you are welcome to check out my lighting/mods any time. I am curious still if you will find my HID's unacceptable. Maybe you can install the proper projectors for me too
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote