View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 10:32 PM   #4813
Biggins

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mball19 View Post
I am planning on running my 86 in CS in 2020. I ran it in DS this year. My current mods are Toyota camber bolts, a TRD front bar and RE71s. The car felt great and would rotate on demand. I will install the TRD springs and rear sway bar. I have a couple of questions.
1. Are the Sachs struts ok with the TRD springs? I have had several sets of Konis on other cars and was unimpressed with the quality of the last 2 sets that I had. I would prefer to keep my stock struts or go with Cuscos.
2. I have a 22mm Perrin front bar also. Is this too much front bar for the TRD rear bar? I felt it was too much for the stock rear bar and springs.
3. Is there a preferred alignment with the CS mods?
1. Yes. I have no experience with the Sachs, but the stock struts/shocks are very good. I would pick the Konis over the Cuscos and Sachs, but I still think the stocks are really good. I'm on the CS-legal MCS 2WNR set-up which are a different level of cost/performance. I don't know the cost of the Sachs, but I suspect they will be okay.
2. It depends on driving style and other set up choices. I am running both TRD bars and am content with it. I have previously run a 25mm Hotchkis and 19mm Perrin with success. I will eventually switch to the Karcepts trick bar, but I think you will be fine with the 22mm on soft.
3. Max camber, very slight toe out in front, 0 toe or very slight toe in in the rear.

I'm also switching back to CS this year, so let's see if we can surprise some NDs and S2ks!
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggins For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (11-22-2019)