View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #11
BigTuna

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaitoguru View Post
You could like get a gasket and some quarter inch sheet metal and fab out a blank plate and use a vice to drill out the holes for the bolts and just torque the bolts down so you have no exhaust leaks. Then when you’re ready for boost you can take the plate off and throw on your turbo kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What? You're suggesting installing a manifold then blocking it off? Where would the exhaust gasses go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brady View Post
Okay so it's noted if I run the Tomei UEL Headers, I will have to take it off when I go big turbo. If I wanna do headers now, what should I buy, if I am going big turbo here in the near future soon
If you want to do a header before you go turbo, I'd buy a used one and then resell it when you do the turbo kit. You'd lose less money than buying a new header. You'd still need a tune to gain any performance and clear CEL codes which is another added cost.

Or you could just keep the stock header until you get the turbo kit. No sense in doing an install if you know you're going to turn around and take it back off..