strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevBRZ View Post
And as for Sam, he has been great!, i have already been contacting him, i bought all my diff/ mtf fluids and ferodos 2500 / rotors from him and planning on buying anything that is new from unless i get something used instead. We already discussed the XTAs, but haven't talked about the Hks option
Thanks!!!
Shit you know what's up and you're talking to someone more knowledgeable than 95% of the posters in this thread. He might not have mentioned HKS because I think they're reducing their operations in North America or something, might be a little tough to work with although it looks like kits are in stock.

I say hop in an SSC car and an STX car locally if you can, maybe drive around the paddock some and feel what that range of spring stiffnesses is like, lowering springs are generally 200#-300# on this car and coilovers 300#-500#

I like the Swifts on paper because they're stiffer in the rear, Eibach/SSC springs aren't bad, it's just the combo of SSC parts that can put people off which I think you can probably fix if you want to run STX-lite. A lowering rear top hat and/or cutting the rear bumpstop might make it all work much better. RCE Tarmacs/Yellows are equal rate front/rear and might suit some styles better.

Save a few bucks and put 225's on the 8's, since you're not going for time the feel is probably worth it.
strat61caster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
KevBRZ (06-10-2019)