Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #7393
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by renfield90 View Post
You really shouldn't track a car unless you are mentally (and financially) prepared to wad up the car in a tire barrier. I speak from experience as I blew the motor on my last car on Firebird Main. Have you ever had your brakes fail on you? I have twice, both on the street and at an autocross. Both times I had enough margin to save the car. On the track, there is zero margin - particularly in a complex such as turns 2-3 on Firebird (Bondurant?) West. I've seen professional drivers eat it there...

That's to say nothing of equipment failures or bad decisions of the drivers around you. There's a reason DE2 scares me more than DE3.

That said I'll track the FR-S once or twice if I get around to buying good street tires for it and good pads. The car needs a lot of other, higher priority things to prepare for nats in September.

Go talk to Robert Rose on his opinion of autocross, he was the DE3 leader last time I ran with NASA. Robert understands the value that autocross can add to you as a driver, any other road course naysayers are full of it.
Yes Firebird is gone Bondurant is in and is now the new lease holder of west track.
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote