Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Not sure if serious.

I love my Phantom ESC built by @Robftss and tuned by @Shiv@Openflash. It's great.

N.A. performance
Still the OP did say that he didn't want F.I. If he wants to stay N.A. This post is definitely the best route for him (+30 WHP for $1-$2k on e85). A side note, On a N.A. '86 a LWCP and intake are pretty well known to be a waste of money in the early game.

F.I. performance
I will say that for $2k there is not another mod for this car that comes close to my Phantom ESC running Shiv's e85 OpenFlash Tablet tune ($2200-$2300 total installed). Especially with the most recent partial throttle upgrades, the mid-range torque is phenomenal. 0-60 or even 0-80 most Stg.1 (producing 7-10 lbs of boost) traditional supercharger kits would either be on par or behind my car while costing a lot more to buy and install. This is mostly due to the way that traditional F.I. power (most importantly torque) output parasitically tied to engine speed or exhaust gas pressure. With an ESC's discreet 24v electric motor, max torque is available immediately. Same reason why Ferrari, McClaren, and Porsche are all using electric motors to "torque fill" their most expensive cars.

We're both in SoCal, so I'd be glad to give you a demo ride at one of the meets. If you're interested PM me.

Some numbers... This car @Sojhinn is very similarly prepped to mine (both Vishnu tuned on e85 both minus one cat with an aftermarket catback exhaust and drop-in filter). 223 WHP (@6600 RPM) / 201WTQ (@ 3250 RPM!!) from an older version of the kit.

Green and Blue line - Open flash tablet tuned ESC TQ250-24v, E85, Front pipe and catback

Red and Blue line - Open flash tablet tuned ESC TQ250-24v, 91oct Cali, Front pipe and catback

Brown Yellow line - Stock, 91oct cali, front pipe and catback

It's an amazing system and I strongly recommend it. If you are anywhere near San Diego I would gladly give you a ride.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote