Old 03-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #50
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Dezoris helped so many with his contribution and saved quite a few people from jumping on the Vortech hypetrain all together who for the most part haven't actually fixed the issues (vortech), and were the first to rush a haphazard supercharger kit to the market. Also other kits on the market don't require hacking the car kit as much or at all like the Vortech does.
This is a problem I have, the vortech kit (installed it years ago so my memory might be a little faded) does not requre excessive hacking up of your car. You are putting a FMIC on a car that did not come with one from the factory, you will need to cut things like plastic splash guards to run the piping. Yes, there is a little aluminum nipple you have to file down for 15 seconds, and a plastic tab on the back of the headlight that gets in the way of the IC piping, but all in all minor modifications that are outlined in the manual that you can read before purchasing the system.

Like I said earlier, while watching the install video some things resonated with me, but I guess more in the way that Jeremy Clarkson from topgear would explain why he hates the Morris Marina or a Prius

Yes, there was a charge tube redesign because people wouldn't check their clearances and have belt rub on the charge pipe... now there is a nice dimple for clearance so even Ray Charles could install without interference. The original belt sizes have been revised since launch, as the first kits called for a slightly too tight/loose belt that could result in failure. There is more, like them revising the compressor that originally came in the first kits because of lackluster power.....

I really thought the install was one of the easiest that I've done on a non factory turbo/SC car. Little tricks you learn from experience really help out, but that in pretty much anything. Its easier to pre-drill the crash beam than to use small self-tapping screws to try to mount the bracket. Just.... things you pick up from years of working on cars.

Maybe I am the only one who didn't have a real problem with the kit after the belt sizing/pulley swap, but I still drive it every day and just... enjoy it.
Most of the time I forget I even have it installed, which is a GOOD THING.

Two people having a different experience because they came from different backgrounds/skill levels/expectations.... crazy idea right?

I don't even know where I am going with this, but I have to take a crap before work so I'm going to stop now. Not trying to say anyone is really wrong, just sharing some opinion on someone else's opinion of someone else's opinion.
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
BRZSS (03-24-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (03-24-2016)