Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloside View Post

Once with zelle, if you sent it out and let's say something gets lost during shipment or someone just straight up scams you, your bank won't approve any claims on that (Zelle/Cash app/Venmo)
So pretty much exactly what happened with Paypal then. Paypal doesn't care about much except the money they get during the transaction, they aren't much of an arbitrator. Losing almost $1K using their service in the past taught me that already.

If Zelle is used, the money can't be taken back by a scammer once they approve the transaction. UPS/Fedex/DHL/USPS all have insurance to cover lost/damaged shipments so that's not even an issue.
Not to get deeper into how they suck and this is just anecdotal but my stepfather sells custom built machinery online and has dealt with the same situations with Paypal also. That's why whenever I sell something I make sure funds have cleared and are in my hand in the form of cash after which ever method was used.

It might be not such a 50/50 situation, and I'm repeating myself here but, giving so much personal information out kind of ensures that I will hold up my end of the bargaining. I guess since I am not ever the one actually buying from somebody else and the one who would be giving the money over first, I haven't seen an issue with how I've conducted online transactions which is send money then send item after funds are cleared. I never have bought anything used online and never will. If I want something, I will always wait til I can afford it new or I don't buy.

Any way, I decided to try Paypal this go around and see what transpires. If this goes sour then I guess I'll stop using Paypal for another 20 years and see if they can get it right after that.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote