Old 02-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #21
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
I get that, but you could use that argument for just about any car that happens to be cheaper/more powerful than a car more expensive than it. Take the American horsepower wars going on. You could argue all of those vehicles are better value than say a Porsche, McLaren, etc. that costs substantially more money. Power to Dollar isn’t the only factor at play here. They are marketing it as a higher end vehicle. Also on the 370Z, that argument would stand that you can get much more car from a Mustang GT/Camaro SS for about the same pride as a 370Z.

Re: the 370Z. It’s a solid vehicle, but definitely doesn’t have the interior refinements of a 2019, simply because it’s pretty much still a car built in 2009. I do love the new Nismo’s and seriously considered one before picking up my tS, but I wouldn’t be surprised that when/if Nissan comes out with a new Z, if it won’t see similar pricing, or at least a decent price hike.

But hey, we all have our opinions of its price, what’s worth it or not, etc. None of us are right or wrong, it’s just what is important to the individual. Hell, people think getting the tS was stupid, I say hogwash to that, I love my car and it’s worth every stupid penny I’ve dumped into it!
And the $30K version is not the same standard as the $45K version.

Much like the 86 people want a whole shopping list of things for half the price it costs to make the car and then get all indigent because they feel they are being ripped off at the actual price. This of course leads to poor comparisons in order to support their belief.
bkharmony (02-07-2019), J1Avs (02-06-2019)