View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:45 AM   #4245
TrqlessWonder

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ10 View Post
Well, the 4 cars could grow with whatever rate the fr-s grew over those 2 years, but yeah, I want to know what Ogburn, Grogan, the Potockis, Oscar, Alan and other really good fr-s drivers would've done if they'd have got the brz when they bought the car. They're good enough nationally for the TRD allowances to make an impact.

Would they just bite the bullet and trade cars? Would they write to SCCA for allowances? or class changes?

I know it's hypothetical, but what would you do? Just trying to get perspective.

to you too!!
Can't say what they might have done, but part of my decision was the weight, the reports of greater tossability, and lower price. The BRZ for me would have been an outlet only if the FR-S interior was truly unbearable.

I spent all last year running with the Potockis at locals. They were on the springs, I was not. We traded finishing positions all year long. And a BRZ on MCS was always up at the top, among or ahead of us, too. FWIW.

There is some truth to Locust's suggestion that "The sky is falling" chatter from the subaru side of the debate does become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I know that if I JUST bought a BRZ, then read this forum, I wouldn't autocross it at all, because I'd be convinced I have to go to STX, and I don't have 8-10k in "well-why-not" money to do so.
#24 CS/CSR
TrqlessWonder is offline   Reply With Quote