Old 09-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #27
ultra
Curious cat.

Drives: 86 GT base M/T - Red
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@HKSUSA View Post
The calibrations supplied in the Flash Editor (and the dyno results) were generated using the required HKS Spark Plugs, HKS Stainless Exhaust Manifold, HKS Stainless Center Pipe, and HKS Hi-Power Spec-L exhaust. I'm confident a comparable header/manifold will still work with the pre-loaded calibrations however, the degree of difference in performance vs. the HKS manifold will be the degree of difference in driveability and output. Of course you can always have one of our Pro-Dealers tweak or create a custom cal. for you.

It's been discussed but at the moment there is no schedule for certification.
Still not 100% certain at this point, based on the info here or on the HKS USA or JP websites, whether the flash kit tunes available for the v3 supercharger are intended work with both cats removed or only one.

I ask because on the HKS websites themselves I see various options for exhaust manifolds with and without hi flow cats, plus an 'R type' or 'super exhaust' version which uses no catalytic converter in the header itself but one it in the front/centre pipe.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...ust/index.html

It'd be great to know for sure what type of exhaust + cat (or completely cat less) combo the included tunes are intended to work with.

Fully understand that you guys won't be able to confirm that the flashable tunes will work with each and every permutation and combination of aftermarket exhaust parts out there but if you could please at least double confirm the exact specs of the exhaust components that the included flashable tunes were designed to work with (part numbers/specs/cats etc.) then it'd make it tons easier for folks to determine whether their own exhaust setups would work with the flash kit tunes or not.

Sorry to be pedantic but knowing whether or not the HKS flash option will work with my HKS exhaust setup (I have the header + exhaust combo 'SUPER EXUAUST SYSTEM' on the JDM website) would be a major purchase decision point for me personally.

I like the refinements that have been made since V1, the price is very competitive and I have been looking for a quality FI kit that comes with dealer/out of the box tunes that will work with my (decatted) exhaust setup for EVER - literally years. If this is indeed such a solution then you will have made my year and will take my money.

Assuming that these flashable tunes in question here are NOT Ecutek?
2007 Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS (sold)
2006 VW Golf R32 (sold)

Last edited by ultra; 09-25-2015 at 08:27 PM.
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote