View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #35
hellyvin

Drives: WRB Brz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZkitty View Post
The idea seems good, not sure about their product..just did some reviews on and it doesnt look too good Thanks for the advice though!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/ticket-assas...lroy-san-diego

oh just for info, I wasn't recommend using them. it was just some good information about how you contest it.

it is really easy to do trial by written declaration. go to the court website of the county you got the ticket in. look for the trial by written decleration form and fill out and mail in. another way is go to the court directly, request it with the clerk, they will give you the form. then you just fill it out and you can turn it back to them.

@PMok

Can't say for sure if it's easier or not for the officer to write a response to written declerations. Like I said, I had two tickets and I did this, both got dismissed. I guess it really depends on the officer, maybe they are on vacation or they just hate paperwork? Also the clerk told me you can put request for the judge to lower the fine in the event you are found guilty. This is at discretion of the judge.

Also another bonus to doing the trial by written decleration first is this, if they find you guilty, you actually have the chance to request a new trial. this time, it would be in person at the court. so you actually have two chances for the officer to not show up
hellyvin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellyvin For This Useful Post:
BRZkitty (03-02-2014), cdo221 (03-03-2014)