View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #225
MPLexus301

Drives: 2003 Lexus GS 300 Sport Design
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been lurking here since FT86 I came out, recently registered, and here goes my first post now that the Scion version is out.

If LED headlights and GT86 console (head unit, HVAC) aren't options, this car is a no-go for me. Lot's of people here making comments about how those things aren't important...just because you don't want them doesn't mean someone else doesn't. The similarities between this car and the BRZ are going to be obvious to most people. If BRZs start popping up with trick headlights and nicer interiors, it's going to look bad for Scion to the general consumer.

The BRZ and GT 86/86 have a bit of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on: Bad boy fun toy to drive, but a somewhat understated look with a top notch interior. This, to me, broadens the appeal of the car as you might have 40 or 50 something guys getting into this car and feeling like they don't have to go without certain creature comforts.

If Scion sticks with the crappy interior they have now and don't offer options, I think it's going to severely limit the appeal of this car and I think Subaru will do better with the BRZ, even if it is more expensive.
MPLexus301 is offline   Reply With Quote