View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 12:56 AM   #19
Stomachbuzz

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionMaxon View Post
If you are looking for a feel of rigidity, you might consider stiffer sway bars. If you already have that a strut bar might be a good add on. Or stiffer struts.
Yes, good point, with the sway bars especially.
I am considering these as well.
Just one of those 'where do I even start?' types of things that makes your head spin.
I only considered the DC 1-link because it was $85 shipped to my door. Just click 'buy now' and here it is! I'm quite happy. It's a well-built piece and looks almost never installed. And then someone local is selling an equally mint condition JDL triangular brace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I'd recommended changing suspension bushings long before I added an aftermarket strut tower brace. The stock bushings are deflecting way more then .02 of an inch, and over a much shorter area.
Another good point.
My car is a 2013 with 52k miles now. Bushings definitely aren't destroyed, but swapping to new and firmer style would be a big change.
The bushings on the tops of my strut towers are showing some superficial cracks. Not a big deal, but just a reminder that it's not invincible. It's a machine that suffers wear and tear when being thrashed on.
Stomachbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote