Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELutz04 View Post
Hey guys,

So every time I'd look around for a ceramic coating debate, it always turns into people talking about why wrapping your headers are bad because it can start a fire.

I really have no interest in wrapping the headers, but I am about to order FA20Club catted UEL header. I want to know if it is really necessary to get the ceramic coating (for an additional $175 and ~2 weeks delay on shipping). I honestly don't care much for looks, and I don't drive my car all that hard. I am a pretty typical daily driver; I don't race, and I don't go on the track. I do, however, plan on keeping this car for a very long time, so I'd like all the parts to last.

Last question, and this is more ignorance than anything, but what are the gaskets? FA20Club offers gaskets for an additional $20.

Thanks!

Eric
A better question is why are you ordering headers from FA20Club?!

Do yourself a favor and order them from some other vendor. As for ceramic coating, its not necessary on NA applications but its not going to hurt anything either. You'll need to replace the gaskets when you install your new header. Reusing the old ones will almost certainly lead to you having an exhaust leak.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
1Cor10:23 (06-02-2014), enjoi23 (06-05-2014), Freeman (06-02-2014), ThatAsianBradah (02-13-2018)