Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
joergasm

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2013 - SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronghanson View Post
I can try!

1. Place lights where they can't be seen (obv) and make sure the wires on the drivers side and the passenger side are facing each other (facing the center) --||-- (sorry I know that's crude but that's basically it, if you need pics I can grab some)
2. Pull off the bezel surrounding the shift knob and unplug the bundle of cables attached to the traction control sport mode module. Strip the black tape off the wires and I believe the small purple wire is the lighting one but you can use a volt meter to test that.
3. There is a screw that holds down the shift unit to the body of the car. This is a good ground. Attach your ground wire to this.
4. Splice in your led lights to the purple wire and wrap it up.
5. Tuck the light wire underneath the side of the main center area with the shifter and all that and the wire should be all hidden.
6. Put the bezel back on and you should be good to go!

Sorry this was all done at work on my phone lol it may be a little simplistic. If you need further details or pics I can probably grab you some. The final product is in that forum above
Is there a way to make a switch in that empty middle area that could switch the footwells from power from accessory to power from dome light?

You just gave me an idea. I have mt br so there is no snow mode button in the middle. Was thinking that I can maybe grab a parted frs/brs snow mode button and make that the switch.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2