Old 11-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #1879
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshown View Post
We are having this same isssue. No codes, etc. Part throttle bucking is not acceptable IMO as this kit is supposed to drive as stock. I gave them my data as well and they thought it was normal. It definitely feels like something in the tune is off.
Thanks for chiming in - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I definitely don't think it's normal nor attributed to anything mechanical as it never happened when stock, nor on the initial tune supplied by Edelbrock before the CARB tune was flashed on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin86 View Post
I had this exact same issue on the CARB tune, it seemed to happen more frequently when the AC was on... For me I noticed it on the highway during partial throttle passing situations mid way through the rev band.

Haven't gotten to test it with the AC running, but after installing the Delicious D box and flashing their Edelbrock specific tune I haven't had a single part throttle hesitation. Further more the throttle pedal feels more natural, and the power delivery is smooth and robust. Highly recommend their tune.
Thank you also for chiming in - I'm hoping that this will help convince Edelbrock that it's not an isolated issue to a couple of cars. I'd rather not have to spend another $500 (delicious tune + D-box) to solve this one issue, as I'm happy with the CARB tune otherwise, and want to keep it 100% CARB compliant.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote