strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,481 Times in 4,999 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianStyle View Post
I said COG being thought of as the biggest performance triumph is marketing BS.

Also, I'm not even sure how this inline vs flat debate came up. I was stating I just think Toyota could have done better than the fa20.

I don't understand these people that keep chiming in with their 2 cents on my comment. Do any of you really think the fa20 is some great accomplishment and no other engine would have been better on the twins?

How do you manage to forget what you've written over the course of a single post? You stated that the lower c.g. of flat engines is not worth the effort compared to inline or v engines. This is pretty much the ONLY reason to choose a boxer engine, of course people are going to chime in when you deny physics.

People keep posting because there really aren't too many engines comparable, current and recent I4's either sacrifice fuel economy for performance, are lackluster, or wouldn't meet current emissions (Miata, S2000, those Toyota engines you bring up) not to mention the higher c.g. Other flat engines are either lackluster NA or are too expensive and V6's are heavy and expensive. Sure a better engine could have been made to suit your needs but this engine suits the needs of many.

Name a naturally aspirated 2.0L engine produced today and sold in America that makes similar power and fuel economy and you might get someone on your side. Deny it all you want, the FA20 is an accomplishment, maybe not a very big one compared to history but there isn't much to compare it to on the market today.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote