Old 06-02-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreteAuto View Post
Well, I posted a few weeks ago about a clicking noise from my rear axle. Unfortunately I was right about it being the CV joint. The joint snapped when I shifted under hard acceleration and the differential is gone too. I'm guessing the exploding CV joint damaged it maybe? Either way, I'm trying to get the dealer to fix it under warranty, but they're giving me a hard time about my tires "showing signs of abuse." The most trouble they've dealt with is non-competition spirited driving on a closed course in second gear only. Even then, they try to say, "the tires show marks of perhaps dropped clutch or burnouts." Once again, I've never done a burnout or dropped the clutch, and the wear marks clearly show lateral forces, not longitudinal. Oh well, it'll be a debate. I wish this car could hold up to spirited driving, after all it is a 'sports car.' Isn't it implied that it's abilities will be exercised? It's one thing for the car to hold up to it, but another for the company to speak as if it only exists to look like a cool kid with high-waters.
The whole car stock?
humfrz (06-02-2015)