weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
A 225 WHP car would probably be a great mid point for the two warring groups. It would shave something around a second off the 0 to 60 which would place it well into the mid tier "fast" cars instead of the bottom where it is now. On the other hand it would keep it still manageable for the average Joe that just wants a nice sporty coupe and isn't worried about beating every other car on the road from a stoplight.
Both my Toyota and Subaru dealers have said they lose a pile of sales because Joe or Jane takes it out on a test drive, kicks the rear out by accident and doesn't buy because it is "to powerful". Then you have the internet where every critic is obviously a professional race car driver that has nothing but open roads that they drive every day that complain it needs more power. These guys are just going to mod for even more power no matter what it comes with stock because that is just the way their heads work.
Anybody that is driving these cars on public roads at more than about 6/10s of its abilities is just an asshat anyway.
I believe that would be because of the stock tires. But yeah, I think the small bump from a turbo would appease some. but again, people like ol' broseph will never be satisfied. They will always find a reason to complain because they want their cake and to eat it too. I'm quite satisfied with the output with a full exhaust and tune. It's enough for me.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (02-19-2020), Tcoat (02-19-2020)