View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #57
laextreme5

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yesterday my tires came in. Brought the wheels up to work. Got to use our new mounting machine, this thing is awesome. Any and all tires are a non issue. Once i had a tire mounted up a took it over to my corner balance scales to see what the assembly weighs. 34lbs aint too bad. Stock is suppose to be in the 41-42 range which puts me at a drop of 7-8 lbs per corner, or 28-32 overall. Ill get the exact figure once i take the stockers off. With all the suspension work and brakes om doing im hoping to eclipse 80lbs of unsprung weight reduction.

Again, iphone pics, as i was at work again. Ive yet to even have time to take some pics of my other large purchase recently for the brz, been so busy with work. If you follow my Instagram i post much quicker updates on there @Gt3_BRZ

With the tires mounted on the wheels its time to sand and paint them finally. Reason for mounting the tires before paint is that it drastically reduces the chances of scratching the wheel when mounting. Its a practice we've used at work for years and works beautifully as long as its not an oversized tire.

IMG_9755 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_9757 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_9760 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_9768 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_9771 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_9772 by lawrx, on Flickr
laextreme5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laextreme5 For This Useful Post:
dattran86 (06-28-2017)