EvoXDD
Trident Motorsports Owner

Drives: DGM. DD for my EvoX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spomi View Post
Let's take this back to evo x vs brz for the people who are on the fence still.

From my research. Both car has their share of problems. Evo stock clutch, fuel starvation.. brz with CEL and engine sounds.

For the owners of both cars: how much harder does the evo pull. Do you miss it in the brz?

For just daily driving fun...brz or evo?

Fuel? I heard the Evo's fuel consumption is just comical if you push it. How far compare to a brz.

Finally. Evo (at least the current form) is going away. Will this be a problem In a long run? Can I still find places to service the ayc or ACD?
The Evo clutch is perfect until you push the tq over 350 or so and there is no fuel starvation.

My Evo is 391hp/392tq and pulls like a bat out of hell. I do miss it, I do not miss the stg 4 clutch. I don't drive the Evo everyday.

DD fun, I LOVE the BRZ and walk right past the Evo everyday with no remorse. The brz is modded to but still only like 180hp-ish

Both cars eat fuel if you push them. The brz just starts with better mileage.

For the millionth time the Evo isn't going anywhere. There is only rumors that the motor will even change. There is a rumor that it will go hybrid diesel. There is a rumor for electric/gasoline motor, one running front wheels one runnin the back. Everything at this point is a rumor except that the Evo will NOT Be going away.

You will have no problem then or now getting repairs.