View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
Enigmus

Drives: 1996 Integra LS 4DR, 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy83 View Post
Extremely well written DIY! I installed it last week and did not oil the bolt ..( no instructions with my package), but its all good. I won't be taking it out any time soon.
I doubt you needed to oil it anyways since it's practically a brand new engine but it's probably for peace of mind. How are you liking the new pulley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumbrown View Post
why not leave the tension on the belt while you break the bolt loose, once loose then you can adjust the tensioner... this should help keep the crank from moving....

or use the impact to zing it off lol
I don't know about leaving the tension on when i break the bolt loose, but it's already stiff with it in 6th gear. Yes an impact gun is easier but a breaker bar would be easier to get access to for the rest of us without a nice gun and compressor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valvewynn83 View Post
As a Toyota Tech i have to say this is one of the best DIY write ups great job with helping other. I guess that is why we are all apart of this club.

thanks! I hope it really helps people avoid mishaps and share any tips and criticisms I may have left out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Did you really have to quote the entire diy writeup to say thanks?? Lol jeez I am also very thankful to the OP. My pulley is waiting to go on my BRZ when I take delivery next week! I cant wait!
haha he can always re-edit and remove the img /img tags. congrats on your brz! drive it stock and maybe break it in before you install the pulley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwood9000 View Post
Great DIY write-up...thanks!
you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
I saw in the Perrin instructions that it should be torqued to the same value you posted, however the manual says 14.5lbs-ft , then tighten an additional 90*. Anyone know which to go with? I assume turning it an additional 90* brings the force to nearly the same amount, but....

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
the way torque works is it is not additive. you just push until you hear a click. The whole initial 33lbs part and note the 45 degree turn I think applies to older worn engines. The bolt is practically new I don't think you need to worry about replacing it unless you fubar'd it. maybe someone can clear it up for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
NIce write up thanks to the op
thanks, I will clean it up a bit and add missing pictures and steps when I do some local pulley installs for whoever needs them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valvewynn83 View Post
Sorry bro didn't realise I did that.
try re-editing it and removing everything I wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
So what kind of difference are you seeing with this pully. Awesome write up.
So far the first three gears feel... "peppy" it certainly feels more nimble and quicker to get me to 5k-7.4k range. I'll have to drive more spirited. I've never hoped for more red lights before.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftartist View Post
is the perrin pulley balanced for the car? the oem balancer should be perfectly balance and i was curious if this new one would throw it off at all. anyone know by chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwood9000 View Post
From what someone posted in another thread, the Perrin crank pulley is not balanced. However, no one has mentioned any problems with it, yet.
I haven't heard of anyone having catastrophic damages done on the forums.. and I believe Perrin to be highly regarded by the Nasioc community. Yes there will be those .01% failure rates but it's the risk we take for the enjoyment of our cars!

Quote:
I have a feeling this probably didn't give you close to 27whp LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
You need a lightweight flyweight AND the pulley, dummy!
Quote:
OH RIGHTTTTTT
LOL *cough* keep it clean guys. don't wanna start a new fresh thread now...
Enigmus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enigmus For This Useful Post:
TouchMyHonda (07-24-2012)