View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
HAZMAT

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0n View Post
No way. The e36 is a dinosaur. You couldn't even compare them when they were new. I owned a 98 m3 a couple years ago, and it was okay.. but it didn't even make my top 10 favorite cars that I've owned. It falls behind some things like my BRZ, NA miata, and b16 swapped EF civic sedan for a lot of reasons. It was marginally better than my c4 chassis S4, but what wasn't.

The BRZ is newer and better in a lot of ways. The m3 is like a limo compared to the BRZ tho.
We are all entitled to our opinions...

The E36M3 chassis is still considered one of the finest on the planet. I've got 25 years of racing experience and instructing and I 100% disagree with your statement. In fact the only car you mention thats even on my radar screen is the Miata. I owned and campaigned a M3/4 for several years and it still shines. I've instructing in and driven just about every sports car produced in the last 15 years except a few of the rarest exotics.

The FT86 is a benchmark car, like the Miata was when it came out and the E36M3 as well. Leaveit at that.

The S4 is a POS, on a track a M3 would eat it for breakfast. A Civic? WTF? A Civic! LOL

When I go to instruct at the 25-30 HPDE's per year their ain't any Civic's or S4's there. I see E30 & E36 M3's, some but not many later year M3's, Vettes, PCars, some big block american, EVO's, STI's, 350/370Z's etc..oh and Spec Miata's...

YMMV
HAZMAT
HAZMAT is offline   Reply With Quote