View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #45
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I’ve been using a Raspberry Pi in my car because it was more flexible. Samba, Syncthing, WiFi, webserver, etc etc. The downfall is boot time and it doesn’t have analog input and I am looking to add an oil pressure gauge soon so I need analog. So I pulled out my Arduino Uno and can shield. I took your project as a starting point and swapped out the coolant gauge and replaced it with the Sport LED. I have MT so the sport light is never used anyways.

So here are the functions I sniffed out tonight.

Key fob beeper on and off
Headlights on and off
Track light on and off
Sport light on and off

I got some logs for the AT oil over temp light but so far I haven’t been able to find the right packets in the log. That seems like a good LED for the oil temp warning. I have logs for most of the LEDs but only track and sport jumped out at me. I need to study the other logs more closely.

I will post the hex for what I have so far tomorrow when I am back at a computer.

Some other observations I made. I have the Arduino powered off the OBD2 port so it’s always on. I was blown away that I was able to lock and unlock the doors even when the key was out. Even after using my key fob to lock the doors. There seems to be no grace period either. So I will probably pick up a BT shield and look into making some sort of proximity unlock when my iPhone is in range.

I was also able to activate the key fob beep when the key is out. My plan is to watch the fuel level and anytime it goes up it will assume I am pumping gas. When it sees me pump gas it will increment a counter. On my second fill up it should be roughly 800miles and at that point I will activate the key fob beep 5 times rapidly to remind me to check the oil. This will be great because I will hear it on the outside of the car when I’m standing around waiting for the pump. I just need to verify that I can query the fuel level when the car is off.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote