View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
dssence

Drives: Toyota FT/MT 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi i've read your post about your dealer having filled your tank with low octane fuel. In my case I bought my Scion or FT 86 cause i'm in argentina, I took my new car of the dealer a couple weeks ago.
But to my suprise, the ECU at first showed an average of 50 Litres / 100km and I SAID WHAT!!! it's shown in Litres per 100km not in MPG. Then it came to my mind could this unit be defective?
Am I pushing the gas pedal too much .. too much revs? not really cause I was way below 3000rpm. Thing is I didn't travel that far with my car, only did city trips to the supermarket didn't take it to the highway.
Then I said well I might no be doing a precise timing on shifting the gears.. So i enabled the G-on which shows on the dashboard the gear you're in and and a small triangle blinks when you got to make the other gear..
Well it helped a bit the ECU showed 25 Litres/100km .. but it's still TOOO MUCH!
SO what's going on with my new car? is the ECU Faulty? could the fuel my dealer filled the tank with be of low octane and is influencing the fuel consumption? don't know what else to do . please hep me out
thanks
dssence is offline   Reply With Quote