Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
post_break
Professional Smartass

Drives: White Out FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
How to remove the stock antenna

Please bear with me as I'm working on getting all the photos needed for this guide.

Last night with some help I removed the stock antenna so I could wrap my roof. I could not find a guide for this so we figured it out ourselves. Look at the image below for the rest of the references.

Step 1, remove push pins from headliner

This is very easy and should only be difficult if you're doing it wrong. The push pins are two pieces. Slip a screw driver very carefully under the push pin. You want to grab the black portion of the push pin. This part pops down and you'll see the retaining clip is white plastic. Again, you're shimming your screwdriver between the black and white plastic, not under both. If you get under both the white and black plastic you can break the push pin. It should take very minimal force to pop these.

Step 2, pop loose the side panels

Marked in the picture below you'll see a red arrow to a red square. The red square is where the retaining clip is. Grab the panel from the top near the rear window and slowly pull back until you can pop this clip. You're not removing the panel, just popping this clip loose. Take your time, it didn't require a lot of work, literally 2 seconds once we knew how to pull on the panel. Simply sit in the back seat, and pull it towards the middle of the car.

Step 3, unscrew the antenna

Now that you have the headliner loose enough you can pull it down a bit and see the antenna. There is a big nut and a wrench will easily pop it loose so you can unscrew it by hand. I dont have the exact size because we used a resizable wrench. It's rather large.

Step 4, unclip the antenna

The antenna is taped to a bracket, cut the tape, then push in the tabs on the connector to release it. Then remove the nut that you loosened, and there are two small clips holding the antenna in place. Push them in and it will pop loose.

There is no tape holding the antenna on. It was slide right off once loose and the tabs have been pushed in. I hope this helps some people.
Attached Images

post_break is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to post_break For This Useful Post:
2point0 (09-18-2012), Ammonia (10-16-2013), axelo (01-01-2016), brz604 (06-10-2015), Chad86 (06-16-2014), Choco (10-14-2014), encity5 (09-12-2012), FlyLow (12-01-2013), jonzhuxD (06-10-2013), Joxer (04-06-2013), SPT Legacy (12-02-2014), Tama-Y (05-11-2013), voyager2285 (06-17-2014), zoomzoomers (09-21-2012)