View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #80
TOMCENTRAL

Drives: FR-S AUTO
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I went into the dealer wanting a MT & drove the AT first.I said I wanted a MT & would wait till one was available.Well,the deal fell thru on the MT & I drove it.It felt different,not as stout & I just liked the feel of the AT so I bought the AT.The AT in this particular vehicle caused the engine to sound, more throaty & seemed to be as fast when I used the sport mode w/the traction control off.Now I know the stick is supposed to be faster.But the comparison I watched on YouTube left the car in DRIVE sport on BUT with the traction control ON.When I drive mine,I hold the traction control down for the 3-5 seconds,turn on the sport & paddle shift the auto.It shifts fast,faster thanI can shift the stick.The car really shifts fast at red/lite/line.My previous car was a 6-speed Genesis Turbo with Cold air intake MagnaFlow 3 inch cat back & a Poweraxel turbo boost controller that increases the boost from 7 to 20 lbs.The car was fast & I would never have wanted it in a AT or any car till I drove the Scion.The sport mode w/Traction control off ( torque converter off) allows down shifting that accually holds the revs up like a stick.The AT really sold the car for me.
Of course I did try to be reasonable once,
I didn't like it.
Regards,Tom
TOMCENTRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOMCENTRAL For This Useful Post:
dem00n (09-16-2012), russv (09-22-2012), ToxicSneakers (09-16-2012)