View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #9
Trap63

Drives: Brz WRB - Europe LHD
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
op is in italy, his costs will be different that ours.

that said,

cost will be heavily dependent on the deal you find on calipers and rotors. Prices on brembo calipers can vary pretty widely from used private sale, ebay part out vendor, or new. Lot of times used ones will include usable pads and rotors. new calipers don't include bolts. Couple years back I put new f/r brembos, new dba 4000 rotors, new pads, new bolts, new lines and rear parking brake adaptor on my forester, total cost ended up lets say maybe a bit under 2k range, and that was because i got the calipers cheap (for new) and rotors as a clearance.

price could literally vary from 1k-2.5+ depending on deal found and specific path taken. there are many rotors available in sti fitment and they vary huge in price.
About the cost , here in Italy.

Here is very very difficult to find spare parts from WRX STI and to find STI rear calipers is a very big win.

-Front calipers bought from a friend of mine (Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2005 , Brembo GOLD) Eur 450.00 with brake lines Impreza STI Brembo Goodridge (not used, for spare. A bonus for future!)
-Rear calipers bought with referrals of another friend (Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2008 . Brembo black) Eur 290.00

All calipers with brackets and bolts.

-Hell brake lines from UK £55.00
-Rotors….the BIG Deal…bought on Ebay in Italy near Slovenjia from a man with a wrong buy as the WRX STI he bought was already 5x114.3!! Eur 440.00 (4 rotors)
-Sandblasting and full warranty revision and rebuild after coating (1 year) Eur 400.00
-Coating…from some friends of mine(Industrial marine and automotive coating,, they work for Ferrari) Eur 20,00 each
-Spacer…a gift, no pay.

The total amount is therefore: EUR 1,726.00 ( USD 2,373.00) pads excluded.

I might have had the chance to sandblast only a pair of calipers thus 2 were black already and save Eur 200.00 (Eur 1,526.00/USD 2,098.00) but notwithstanding the good condition of calipers I decided to have them like refurbished.

You can add Eur 30.00 for Oil (RBF660F).

-For pads , the front Pagids from Germany cost Eur 279.00 and rear of Ferodo from UK £185.00. So, the total for pads is Eur 502.00 (USD 690.00)

Install, free of charge as this is a my DIY

So, my full STI Brembo (6 pots) costs Eur 2.258,50/USD 3,106.00

I don't know if is a great saving in comparison with other brake system. About Brembo quality is no matter, no doubt. Mine are new now in all components. I saw some kit from USA (StopTech and AP Racing first of all) but I should have had to pay much more including custom charges and a VAT (+30/33%)

About braking, I find them very impressive for windily roads and some track days. A good ratio between cost/earning.

Last edited by Trap63; 03-30-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Trap63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trap63 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (11-23-2014)