View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #67
orthojoe

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk77FT View Post
Well, drive one, live with one and then you will fall in love with it. Overpriced? What is overpriced for some is really well priced for others. it all depends on personal financial capability. Infamous body style? You mean the body style that has defined Porsche unlike any other car? If the shape would've been Prius like...then I would've understand. But it is not. Hmmm!
It is a personal preference but to judge a car purely on its price and body that might not appeal to you but appeals to millions it's just silly.
They are great practical, sports cars. BRZ/FR-s is very similar...but it lacks few things but than again Porsche has a history, brz/frs hasnt, or if it has, than Toyota hasnt used it at its full potential.
It's funny, but I totally know where he is coming from. If you had asked me only 3 days before I got my car if I would ever own a Porsche, the answer would have been 'no', for the exact same reasons he mentioned. However, after actually looking at the spyder in person, test driving one, and then owning one... my mind was forever changed about the brand.
Hawk77FT (05-12-2013)