View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #46
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
I've driven a stock Evo IX and it didn't really blow me away. Granted, they respond better to mods than almost any car on the market, and I know they can be insane performance machines, but compared to a 2006 STi I drove, I'd pick the STi, stock vs stock.
That's weird. I've driven numerous examples of both, and the STI understeers a lot, in comparison. That's not to take away from it, it's a great car, but like I said you're not going to see it in any Best Handling Car competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironsquid View Post
That's really dumb. My point for showing power to weight math is that people are saying the evo is SO MUCH faster when in reality it's not. Furthermore trap speeds are in no way indicative of actual power to weight. The fact that the trap speed quote had so much deviation how is it even possible to use that as anywhere close to being accurate.
I'm not trying to be a fanboy, but what in your opinion would constitute a car being "so much faster" or not? I don't want to play the numbers game but the performance specs and lap times of the two cars are likely going to be very different... even though the satisfaction from behind the wheel will be above average for either car.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote