View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #1427
Paulo86

Drives: Toyota GT86 euro version
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi ! Some feedback on my car ...

I gutted the header 'cause of one shit ! I will start with this shit.

After i had install the edelbrock on my stock exhaust except agency power cat back i dyno it to 296hp (crank) (195 stock same dyno) i thought that my exhaust was to loud ! That was a shitty mistake !

I told myself to do something : making an axleback with a varex silencer and right single exit.and bolt it to the stock mid pipe

Take time, made plans, weld it like i want and put it on the car.
First time i drive it i noticed a little lose of power and no more sound going out of the car (open varex or not) not as much i want. Drive it like that, do some pulls.

And i decide to go to an invidia catless Front Pipe to put more sound out of this exhaust.
When i remove the stock front pipe a found pieces of the first cat in the second. At this time i didn't know that all this shit happens 'cause of my cat back set-up ...

I just put the new front pipe and decide to go for a ride see if the first cat will die or not, and booom 3 miles later no more power, go back to house and i "gutted" the stock header.

For sure, there were more sound, and horsepower were back. In my mind, because of the sound more agressive i thought the car were working better.
Took it to the dyno two days ago and what i got ? 249 HP :'( ....

Man at the dyno told me there were so much pressure in my exhaust something wasn't normal ... their big vacum or gaz absorber don't know how to name that in english, just fall down ! He told me it has never done that before !
he doesn't take a lot of time to understand where were goes all those Horses ! Just take a look under my car, see what i've done, immediatly told me that my exhaust for my kind of setup was horribly bad !

See the picture you can see that exhaust gaz was slow down by a lot of turn of the stock mid pipe and the axleback, single exit with 2.1" diameter ... he told me that my exhaust was pretty good done but will work on an NA car not one like me ..
This setup created a lot of heat, back pressure, pressure in the exhaust and i think that's why i kill my cat ...

We tested everything on the dyno, afr, supercharger pressure, no leaking ... curve where the same but down low. Pressure was damn not normal at the end of the exhaust. So we were absolutely sure that it's the exhaust that cause troubles ...

My exhaust was not the best you can do, bad axleback, shitty stock mid pipe, gutted header (just remove the cat in ..)

So there it goes, i go back to an other setup :
Mxp header EL
Mxp over pipe
Invidia catless front pipe
Greddy revolution rs 3" left single exit

Just spoke with zach at delicious tuning. He had something similar with the e-force, two cars, same setup but one with header stock and the other not. Stock header was making more power 25more ! Dafuck ?! There is something i don't understand here .. hope that my new setup will give me back my HP and maybe give me an extra bunch ! I know that i lose much more than the car zach dyno because of my BAAAD exhaust setup.

I will give you some info as soon as i put on my new exhaust and i dyno it.
Just oredered at ft86speedfactory 1hour ago my new greddy 3"cat-back and my MXP header+OP combo.
Dhl express, normaly 4-5 day to france.

Hope everything will return to normal ... bad mistake i've done here ...
If any body had problems with header just let me know ...

Paulo86 is offline   Reply With Quote