View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #5
rmjjensen

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited in WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't have an OEM 400 so I can't help you with the plug/specifics.

However - do you own a voltage meter? You can set the volt meter to resistance (Ohms) and start probing the terminals one by one. Put the negative on the first terminal, positive on the next - you're looking for a low value resistance (anywhere from say 1 Ohm to 8 Ohms). If it's not good (OL - out of limits/infinite, or 0, or a value outside my 1-8 range) then keep the first terminal probed and move the positive to terminal 3.

To know if you have it, use your hand and push on the sub inward - the voltmeter should show a DIFFERENT resistance value. If it did these are the pins for your sub. You can verify further by then taking a 9V battery and connecting the plus/minus terminals to these newly found pins. The sub SHOULD move in one direction (in/out) and HOLD there (although I'm not sure if the 9V is strong enough for the OEM+ to hold it).

Boom, those are the sub terminals.

If you don't have a volt meter you can use the 9V battery trick - instead of probing with the volt meter, you'd move around all the terminals with this small battery (just as I described with the meter) and wait for the sub to move/pop. Please do this with nothing else connected to the actual car.

I hope this helps.