why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineVisionz View Post
It is a good point. Budget isn't high enough for new and I tend to like buying a few year old car because it's gotten past the big initial depreciation. But I, like you, have a real good taste. Haha. I'm looking for a series.blue
What is crazy about the series.blue is that the value seems to be trending upward for some reason. My car was worth about $16,000 according to kbb a year or two ago, now that number is nearer to $20k again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineVisionz View Post
Well, the main reason why I want a series blue isn't because of its "rarity" I just like what it comes with, STI lip kit, nice black wheels, red-colored brakes (nothing special just looks nice imo) and the blue accented interior is a bonus for me. I know, I could just buy a non series blue and put a STI lip kit and back wheels and paint the brake calipers. But, after pricing out all the parts, it would be cheaper for me to buy a Series Blue than to buy a non series blue and install all the parts my self.
Hope that makes sense, haha.

I actually have never seen a GBS before. Quite a nice color.
The interior is worth it. The lip kit is awful. Unless everything is super flat it scrapes on everything. Mine broke in half after 6 months because I was literally scraping on normal roads because the grade was steep enough because of how heavy the rain can be where I live now. Apparently the knock off ebay sti lip is actually stronger than the official sti one. The wheels are boat anchors, and I'm not a fan of the red calipers. If I were to do it again, I would probably buy the least expensive FRS I could find without rust in good condition, because I like modding the car. If the value of the car rises to the point I can sell it for more than I paid for it, I'd seriously consider it.

Last edited by why?; 10-01-2018 at 01:51 AM.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote