View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #165
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
I really wish I could make up my mind on cars by a few articles from people online. Forget test driving it, or experience from a friend. I'm sure an alignment will help somewhat. It's funny that during Matt Farah's initial drive it was all positive. The look on that guys face driving this car is worth a lot compared to many automotive journalists IMO.

IDK, whenever I drove my Z06 it was a joyful experience no matter what type of driving (or detailing) i was doing. I'm sure the C8 will live up its expectations.

For me, on that thread, they make it very clear that I would personally enjoy driving C7 Z06 (even the C7 stingray) but will not enjoy driving the C8. I know I don't enjoy understeer at the limit.

regarding reviews, information is information. It's even arguable that reading a review is better than driving the car itself because a lot often you will only be driving the car at say a dealer and you will not be doing power oversteer at the dealer. I know my FT86 is good at that (in snow ), and I experienced it AFTER it was all mine. But I relied on reviews (and heck I will admit even playstation GT) to learn this. No dealer or even friend let me do that to their car.

Let's just hope the car was a faulty pre-production and there is a pleasant surprise waiting.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote