Old 11-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #195
AZP Installs

Drives: '11 STi->'14 BRZ | '14 Touareg TDi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
Well if you have a gutten car/ race car only then sure. But this won't be something I will do in general. The way I can try and do it is by emulating the airbag ecu. But even then I can't promise it working. It's a il tos it in there to see if it works.

Same for the ABS disable. Not sure about it so I won't claim I can do that. I can add it but no guarantee.

Originally I assumed that the abs disable though canbus is the same as pulling the fuse. But (some people) are saying that in their old beastronix it did not turn off the brake biassing (from what they can tell). So it would be interesting to see if what I found is similar to that or not.

But I agree. In a track ABS disable isn't usefully at all. If your drifting or want to go sideways then sure. But at that point why not just pull the abs fuse.
Agree on the ABS, I wouldn't mind it as a switched option, as sometimes in the dry we will run without ABS on certain tracks with certain drivers. Then in the event of rain or a different driver we will put the ABS back on.

The SRS and Seat Belt lights and chimes are real nice to have disabled in a race car especially during pitstops in endurance races!

Thanks again.

-mike
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote