View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 03:41 AM   #14
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgrym3 View Post
I guess I just connect the ecutek cable and launch ecutek software on my laptop, turn on the car and see what i got?
I have the same setup as you, and every few months I get a P000X code that I have to go in and clear. I've checked everything over, car doesn't idle or run strangely, nothing seems to be bad. It just happens in strange braking circumstances for me.

Use your EcuTek cable, dongle, and laptop. You can go to tools > something like 'detect vehicle' > then something along the lines of 'All DTC'. You can then 'Read DTCs'. It'll output a log of the codes it read, and from what computer it read them from. There's a computer for the A/C, the ECU, etc.

I always have an A/C code thrown. I found it was for a Toyota auto climate feature that isn't even possible in our cars because of a sensor we don't have, but is in a Lexus, so I don't worry about that. Then there's a C1201, which from my understanding is the code that throws when there's a code thrown. It just tells the car to keep the check engine light on. Then the code that caused my problem. In my case, it's always the P000X codes. Once you have your code, you can lookup what the code means on the internet, and you're on your merry way.

Happy hunting.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FunnyGopher For This Useful Post:
stlgrym3 (11-30-2018)